- Patron Record and Resource sharing library
- Search for Lending and Borrowing Requests – Staff can search for lending and borrowing requests from the persistent menu.
- Staff not able to see Resource Sharing – Staff roles and scope needed to see resource sharing requests.
- Messages How to create, view and dismiss – Messages are to communicate about a request.
- How to close your library for borrowing or lending requests – If your library is not able to accept new borrowing requests from your patrons you can change a setting so the request link does not appear in Primo. As a lending library, new lending requests can be automatically rejected while your library is closed.
- MNLINK Discovery and Alma – A patron can login to MNLINK Discovery, create an ILL request and the request transfers to Alma
- Chart of Basic Returnable Request Cycle
- Borrowing Request Structure
- How to create a Returnable request
- How to create an Article request
- Receive a request
- Return a borrowing request
- How to update a borrowing request with a status of Ready to be Sent
- Rejected borrowing request- how to cancel a rejected borrowing request
- Article requests with a status of Digitally Received
- Article requests with a status of Completed
- Article requests with a status of Shipped Digitally
- Minitex MEDD Delivery for articles Answer
- Borrowing Request Message and Active Notes
- Borrowing Request “Pending Approval” status
- How to change the text a Patron sees on an ILL request
- “Query to Patron” letter allows staff to set up pre-formatted letters about resource sharing requests
- Lending Request Structure
- Ship a Returnable Request
- Reject (unfill) a request
- Lending “Print Slip” Routing or Lending Slip
- Check-in(Close) a Request
- Lending Library Renew without a renewal request
- Lending library “Maximum Renewal has been reached”
COVID Related Documents
- Best Practices for Pandemics- Recommendations from the MnPALS Resource Sharing Steering Committee
- MnPALS Libraries and Pandemics spreadsheet
- Change Physical Rota to Stop Physical Borrowing Requests – Change the physical item rota to stop requests.
- COVIDDIRECT Rota Template and Rota assignment – A library that has resumed courier delivery and is ready to begin supplying new lending requests will be added to the COVIDDIRECT rota. The library will change their physical rota to use the COVIDDIRECT rota.
- MnPALS UPS/USPS Delivery Libraries – How to check the returnable rota.
- Minitex Courtesy Return form – Minitex has a courtesy return policy. A patron can drop off books at a courier delivery library and that library will use the Minitex Courtesy Return Form to send the item back to the owning library. The courtesy return form should be printed on orange paper. Information about Minitex Delivery